Tuesday, June 1, 2010

have stuff you don't want anymore? Stuff you want?

Obviously you could donate it, thats always a noble thing to do, but They don't always accept everything you have that you don't want any longer.
Another option, which is one of my favorites, is a yahoo group called FReecycle.org

Look through yahoo groups, or goggle them and find the group in your local area. It's made up of people in your local area, who have things they want to get rid of and things they are looking for. BEst of all, it's all free. The person doing the "begging" has to pick up the item, either from your home, or from a location you choose to meet at.
I have been using Freecycle for the last year and absolutely love it. I have given away some items I no longer need, and have gotten things I need, that others dont. Including a very nice queen sized bed and box spring..completely free!
I have saw people offer moving boxes, packing peanuts, screen doors, computers, and virtually everything in between. You never know what someone has that they are willing to give away, and you never know what some one else wants. It's a great way to reduce, reuse and recycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment