Wednesday, July 15, 2009

plum salad

I got this recipe from my friend Erin and it just sounds really good, I will be trying it tomorrow probably for lunch, or as a side salad with dinner since I know it will never fill Randal up as a main course. (she got it from a recipe group she subscribes too.. but now for the life of my I don't remember the name of it.

Whisk 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice with 1/4 cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Slice 6 plums into thin wedges and mix with the lemon juice and olive oil. Let stand for 5 min. Then add 5 ounces of mixed greens (she used a "spring mix") and 1/2 cup Parm. cheese and toss.

I will let you know what we think of it later :)

1 comment:

  1. This salad rocked!! I didn't use quite enough plums.. and I think it would be fine to use only 3 like I did... but you have to cut the plum up smaller so you get plum with all the bites of salad.
    Another thing... you HAVE to let it sit the full 5 minutes.. or even more so the lemon has a chance to get soaked up a bit, otherwise its a lil overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete