Friday, July 10, 2009

Birthday blues...of sorts

So, Sierra turns a year old next month, and since I'm starting to do stuff by scratch and pretty much as healthy as humanly possible, this posed a wee bit of a problem when it came to trying to find a birthday cake recipe. Everyone and their brother wants to give you recipes with "diet" junk in them.. artificial sweetners (or killers...depending on your point of view). Finally one of my friends suggested an internet search of organic cakes... of course.. its so simple.. DUH! I now have several recipes to run a trial run on because I'm not gonna let my baby have a gross cake for such a special day. The first cake I am gonna try is this one:

http://www.organicvalley.coop/recipes/single-view/recipe/garden-goddess-cake

...it just sounds incredibly good. Admittedly I won't be doing the organic parts more than likely but maybe in the future. I will let you know how it turns out. I'll even take a pic so you can see what it looks like. I hope its as good as it sounds!

1 comment: