Monday, July 13, 2009

not *quite* right.. but a finished project

I tried to make the crinkle square, but quickly realized I didn't have much of anything that I needed for the real pattern. So.. I improvised.. its more of a ....crinkle...pillow lol.
Things were moving along fairly well in the beginning.. I was starting to get the feel for the sewing machine.. it was the first time I'd pulled it out of the box since my mom bought it for me...many moons ago. Then on the third one, I forgot to hold the strings, and the machine came unthreaded.. I thought I knew what I was doing, and tried again.. nope.. tangled mess. I tried many more times to get the machine to work, but nothing was working that night. I conceded and started hand sewing. You could really tell when I was paying attention to what I was doing and when I was distracted with the UFC fights lol.
I ended up using flannel scraps from 2 different pair of boxers that had saw better days, and "made" ribbons out of miscellaneous scrap material. I stuffed the inside with abotu 10 plastic bags, and since I didn't measure out a 6 inch square, it was more like a rectangle.. hence... my crinkle pillow lol. Sierra likes stomping on it to make noise.. most of the time when I try to offer it to her she's too tired to want to mess with it. I will have to try again when she is more awake.

On a bright note, I figured out I didn't rethread the top part of the machine correctly, and it now works again :) ahhhhh the satisfaction of doing something you didn't think you could. I think I will try the real pattern when mom is visiting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment