Tuesday, August 2, 2011

ahh school pizza

I've been traveling down memory lane a lot lately thanks to a new FB group formed by a fellow student of the same school. Had you asked me what I thought of school before this group, I would have told you I hated just about every second of it. But, I've been reliving a lot of happy memories, and realized I didn't actually hate most of it, just the parts that were bad made it seem like I hated it.

One of the memories that got brought up was the pizza on bread that we used to have in elementary school. It was the greatest pizza ever...at least that's how I remember it. :) Apparently I'm not alone in this, because everyone and their brother has been begging for the recipe, and someone actually had it! Woo Hoo! So, it is my pleasure to bring to you, the famous recipe from my high school!

School Pizza Bread


10 servings 20 Servings

3/8 lb Hamburger 3/4 lb Hamburger
1/2 lb Mozzarella Cheese 1 lb Mozzarella Cheese
1 oz Pepperoni 1/8 lb Pepperoni
1 oz Summer Sausage 1/8 lb Summer Sausage
1/2 cup Tomato Paste 1 cup Tomato Paste



Break hamburg into small pieces and brown. Grind Summer Sausage, pepperoni, and cheese, separately. Add Summer Sausage and pepperoni to hamburg. Cook 15 mins. or longer. Drain fat. Add shredded cheese. Either brush slices of bread with tomato paste or add tomato paste and top with desired amount of pizza topping, or add tomato paste right into pizza mixture. (They both turn out the same. ) Spread pizza mixture onto bread slices. Toast in over and serve open faced. Cook for about 10-12 minutes @ 400 deg.

a side note.. with the bread of today, it works better if you slightly brown the toast a little bit first.

No comments:

Post a Comment