Saturday, August 20, 2011

easy chicken cordon blue!

I originally got this recipe out of a crock pot/ slow cooker recipe book. I've tweaked it a bit and made it my own. I've made it a really fast and easy recipe, but you can also keep it in it's original form if you need to make a delicious formal looking meal.

super easy chicken cordon blue!

2 cans cream of chicken
2 cups of milk (if you need to add to teh recipe, the ratio is 1 can to 1 cup of milk )
boneless chicken breasts (I use about 2 pounds)
1 pkg sliced ham (anywhere from half a pound to 1 pound)
swiss cheese (I usually use about 8 slices.. but it depends on how much you like swiss, and how you want to make it)

method one
mix 1 can of soup and 1 cup of milk, throw in the bottom of a crock pot. add chicken (I usually use cut up pieces of breast, but you can use whole breasts as well). shred ham and add on top. mix second can of soup and milk, throw on top. cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.. about 15 minutes before you serve add swiss cheese. I usually tear some up and mix in, and then top the crock pot with the rest.

method 2

basically the same as above, except cook for 45 minutes to an hour in a 350 degree oven.

method 3

pound chicken breasts flat, add a ham and cheese, roll up, use toothpicks to hold in place. put in crock pot. add soup and milk mixture to top. this is how the recipe was originally created.. but it was too dang much work for me. If I had important company, I'd go this route.. but for just the family.. pfft!

I make sure I have extra soup/milk mixture than is really needed to cover the chicken because it makes a wonderful gravy on mashed taters. (nothing needed, just scoop out of the crock pot and pour over taters.. it's cheesy goodness!)

No comments:

Post a Comment