Wednesday, July 7, 2010

soul searching for answers

Have you ever been trying to figure out where life is taking you, and if your dreams will ever come true? If so, have you ever had something that isn't a direct answer, but is enough of a "clue" that you just had to pay attention?
I'll be the first to admit. I'm not the most religious person on the face of the planet. I believe in God, and say prayers occassionally, but I typically don't base my day around thinking a supreme being will answer my prayers, hopes, wishes or desires. There have been times my faith has been pushed to teh very brink, and chances are, if it wasn't for the fact that I need to believe that some day I will see my sister, grandparents, and anyone else I have lost, that I love dearly, I very well may have lost that faith altogether. ...but then.. there are times, where something happens, that can only be described as divine intervention, so to speak. Faith is renewed.
This is sorta one of those things.. It's not an undenyable divine intervention for me.. but from whatI can tell, it was (in part) for the people who's story I read. My part of it, could easily be chalked up to "fate', "random chance", or even just plain old "luck".
Enough rambling. I happened to see status on FB from one of my money saving blogs I really like, that said something about no more renting for them, and 100% down for their house. This piqued my interest to say the very least and I went and read the entire story, and am eagerly awaiting the final post.
She talked about living debt free, no school debt, no car debt, no house debt. What an amazing concept. How different would out lives be if we had no debt at all. Unfortunately this is impossible for me since I already have school loans racked up, and we currently have a car payment. But.. what if I could make those debts disapear, and then save for a house of our dreams? It's a big dream.. it's a monster step...but.. ultimately.. I think it just might be doable. How awesome would that be? Admittedly getting there won't be much fun. The budget will have to go through some drastic cuts...which I'm not sure I want to eat mac and cheese only for the next 5 years.
As a result you may soon se some major changes to this blog. It might begin to start looking a bit more like a savings blog, with some other stuff still mixed in. You may start seeing ads for coupon sites, or other reputable companies. Don't worry.. I'm not about to sell my friends and readers out to just "anyone" for the sake of making a buck. Just like when I pass on a deal I have saw on FB, I will continue to be picky when posting deals. When possible, I will still post all the best deals on nonprocessed foods, and things that are more along the back to basics line of thinking.. but.. when you really stop and think about it. Saving money is going back to basics also. Our grandparents scrimped and saved and used everything to it's fullest potential. Some of them even went thought hte great depression, and their thinking was greatly influenced from that. So, even by posting deals, I'm not straying from my "back to basics" mentality, I'm just embracing it in the fullest way possible.
May our journey to saving money, eliminating processed foods, etc, be fruitful and rewarding! Thanks for coming along with me during this time of transitioning

No comments:

Post a Comment