Sunday, July 18, 2010

the coupon queen

Every sunday I eagerly get out of bed and dash out for the sunday paper for two..well, sorta three reasons. One is the coupon inserts of course, I'm going to skip the second reason momentarily so I can go back and talk about it far more in length .. the third reason is because I like to scour the ads, I usually do this online, but it's easier to look them over when they are in my hand.
The second reason, is something I sorta chanced upon finding. A sunday column by a lady name Jill Cataldo. She is known as the coupon queen. I Love her. She has taught me soo much about coupons. (yes some of my friends have taught me a great deal as well, but I think Jill's column and website have been the most eye opening.)
She even offers classes, which I've really thought about attending. Each week I tear through the sunday paper pulling out the coupon inserts, the weekly ads that interest me, (yes, the comics), and Jill's column. If your paper doesn't offer her column look it up on her website, I'm betting you will be glad you did.
My friend Bekah had told me to write to companies and tell them when they have done well, or done bad, and you'd be surprised by what you get from them. She is right. Each time I have wrote to a company to express my disatisfaction with a product-- it went stale before the exp. date, it broke my kid out, etc, I've recieved some very nice coupons. I tried writing to a company to tell them how awesome their soda was and asked if they ever offered coupons... so far they haven't replied. boo!
Jill reinforced this idea though, saying to write to 3 companies daily to tell them how much you love their product and ask for coupons. Many apparently have no problems giving out coupons when they recieve compliments. I definetely prefer handing out compliments more than I do complaining, so I'm going to attempt this. I will still be the first to complain when something isn't right, after all, thats my hard earned money I'm paying for something and I'd like it to be as good as they claim. I don't care how "perishable" bread is...if 2 bags mold within 2 days.. something isn't right.

so.. that being said. I highly reccommend you check out Jill's website! I think you will be glad you did!
http://www.jillcataldo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment