Monday, May 24, 2010

homemade fabric softener

I stumbled across this recipe in the Billings Gazette. It's the first time I have bought their paper, and I was pleasantly surprised to find this as well as a great site for couponing. good deal!! I have to admit though.. I'm not sure if we are making fabric softener or a science fair volcano haha. :) I still have a bunch of dryer sheets, so it will be some time before I try the homemade version.. ut you can bet when I do, I will be posting the results :)

recipe Number 1

2 cups of white vinegar
2 cups baking soda
4 cups water
set mixing bowl in sink and combine ingredients slowly. Using a whisk, mix together. It will fizz. Pour in old fabric softener bottle. Use 1/4 cup per load.

recipe 2
6 cups water
3 cups vinegar
2 cups (16 ounces) cheap conditioner (whatever scent you like)
Mix and store in 1 gallon container. It may seperate, shake each time you use it.

These came from "frugalvillage.com) via the billings gazette. I may have to check that website out as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment